Emission from combustion
The quality of biomass combustion represents a critical aspect for the diffusion of thermal plants fed with those products.
The Biomass Lab is equipped with devices for the measurement of combustion emissions, that can be performed:
- directly at the plant: using mobile instruments;
- at the Biomass Lab: only for tests in pellet stove, both with warm method and with dilution tunnel.
MEASUREMENTS PERFORMED BY BIOMASS LAB
- determination of combustion gases: CO, NOx, SOx (Dlgs 152/2006)
- determination of dust content (UNI EN 13284-1:2003)
- determination of PAH content (polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons) – internal method
European policy promotes renewable energies and sets specific targets. Solid biofuels can play a...
Investigation of woodchip quality: Relationship between the most important chemical and physical parameters
Considering the global warming and the climate change of the past few decades, European public...
Evaluation of the characteristics of vineyard pruning residues for energy application: effect of different copper-based treatments
The use of biomass obtained in a more sustainable way, as represented by agricultural wastes, should...